13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nathalie's picture

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 18:46

VOLBEAT !

Ok dear NetPets !!
May i have your attention please .. Mange Tak .. thank you .. merci beaucoup .. Smiley-wink

I'm going to see VOLBEAT in two weeks in Belgium at the Graspop Metal Meeting AND ... i have to say .. i've never heard about them before ... and ... i've heard they're from Denmark!
Aren't they ???
(nobody whispering "yes they are ..you...idiot "
thank you :-))

SO ... I NEED YOUR OPINION !

As far as i'm NOT going to ignore them by doing some other things .. like having some beers (yes of course, i will ... every day during this festival :),
or hmmm sleeping on the grass ..

-What do you think about them ?
(negative , positive comments are pretty welcome as far as it's not " THEY SUCK , THEY ROCK Smiley-midget

-Which songs would you recommend to someone like me who never heard anything from them before (i Know i'm belgian nobody's perfect Smiley-wink )

So thank you in advance !

Nathalie . OUPS Engel Smiley-wink

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 19:00

My dear Nat... Volbeat are FANTASTIC Smiley-wink You really should look forward to them esp "the garden's tale" which is feat. another great danish singer, Johan from Magtens Korridor.. I don't think that he'll be there and yes Volbeat are from Denmark Smiley-wink

This frontsinger has a great great voice...try find music with Volbeat on youtube Smiley-wink

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 19:55

Hey Nat. Volbeat are absolutely amazing! "The Gardens Tale" as Tina says, is great, but some of it is in danish, but you're learning, right?! :P

Also, "Pool of Booze" and "Fire song" are really good. I can only recommend that you pay full attention to them. Smiley-midget

---------------------------------------

"Mit hår gør, at jeg ikke spiser hot dog i blæsevejr." Jesper Binzer

klc

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 20:05

You have something to look forward to - the guys from Volbeat are amazing!!
Great songs and energie on stage, and there's no voice like Micheal Poulsen's (the leadsinger).
It's crazy 50's rock'n'roll mixed with metal. FABULOUS!!!
Through the 3 albums, ("The Strenght/The Sound/The Songs", "Rock the rebel/Metal the devil" & "Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood") there's a red line with the story about Mr. & Mrs. Ness.
My personal favorites are "Soulweeper", "Danny & Lucy", "Back to prom"... Actually I could go on.... There's a story behind every song. And the guys from the band, Michael, Anders, Thomas & Jon are great people- I've met them a couple of times. After each concert, they're coming to the merchandise to meet their fans and take their time to talk.

SO - look forward to it!

"Wild sisters dancing all night Round that totem..."

"I've got a massage wrapped up in a song, the more time pass, the less you wanna know when you're wrong. But if you end up in nowhere, don't be afraid to grow old, 'cause everything around you is still out of control..."

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 20:18

Volbeat must be THE band from today's Denmark that have been growing big fastest, when we are talking fan bases in Denmark but also outside Denmark as well playing some of the biggest stages in EU:

Mainstage at Wacken, Download in Donnington, Sweeden Rock, Roskilde, Peace and Love Festival etc...

And they completely sold out Forum CPH with 10.000 which is ,without doubt, unprecedented for danish bands in general!

They have done many great tunes. Also a lot more metallic than Garden's tale, which I find rather boring and too much radio-minded.

Check out their first: The Strenge/The Sound/ The Songs if you are into metal!

And then they are from Roskilde my home town Smiley-laugh (my brother has going in school with Anders their basplayer- sorry never mind hehe)

Check em out!

two wishes:

- Do a Helpyourselfish II
- Play Roskilde again

Nathalie's picture

Posted: Mon, 2009-06-15 20:54

Well first of all:

THANK YOU !!
-About your comments, advices and opinions ! Thank you for ALL these important informations about the band , his story,where are they from .. woaw ! Mange Tak!

I have to say that is a real pleasure to get answers so fast BUT we are NetPets aren't we ? Smiley-wink

I will be FOR SURE in the front row to welcome Volbeat in Belgium ! AND i will take the danebrog with me (i'm not sure it's correct but as far as i know about Denmark , it's how your flag is named )

@Osaka : m'I into metal ? hmmm don't .. what do you think Smiley-wink

One more time .. i won't miss them at the Graspop metal Meeting !
Thank you mates !
Nat

"Now i know my own mistakes ...
Now i live with everything "

Posted: Tue, 2009-06-16 11:14

and i don't like it...but what the fuck as Søren "osaka" says, they are grow bigger and bigger in denmark and outside denmark, i know they play'd a few concerts in the U.S and the crowd love them!

So Go For It, ROCK ON!

Check my band: www.myspace.com/rightupyouralleyband

And we hope you'll give a comment or two!

Nathalie's picture

Posted: Tue, 2009-06-16 12:37

Hey GonZ!e ....

I will ! for sure ! with a good beer OF COURSE !
Just wondering myself if you always talk that way to Ladies hehehehe Smiley-midget

Brow's picture

Posted: Tue, 2009-06-16 14:55

Volbeat is really great, nice rock n' metal! the combination with rock n roll and metal are really working well for them. And they are a great live act too..

If you want to have a listen, then they have alot of their songs available on their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/volbeat

Or take a look on youtube, there is alot of things out there if you want to listen to them.

"I'm the Devil, I love metal!"

Posted: Wed, 2009-06-17 00:29

Engel: What do you mean? Smiley-midget

Check my band: www.myspace.com/rightupyouralleyband

And we hope you'll give a comment or two!

GF

Posted: Wed, 2009-06-17 23:16

I for one, is not amazed by Volbeat. their metalized Elvis style just doesn't catch me, but I too heard that the americans were crazy about them. Can't coment on their live show though

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Fri, 2009-06-19 01:10

From their newest album "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" I especially like "Mary Ann's Place" and the titelsong. But there are also great tunes on their first two albums:
Caroline Leaving
Soulweeper
Say your Number
Sad Man's Tongue

Hmm, you just made me wanna listen to their albums again Smiley-midget

Nathalie's picture

Posted: Tue, 2009-06-30 10:25

Well ! i saw VOLBEAT on saturday at the GMM (Graspop Metal Meeting ) in Belgium .

First i have to thank you all (again ) about sharing your opinions about that band . I immediately bought "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood" " before going to the festival and i LOVED it ! really great band !
They were absolutely awesome onstage , full of energy ! AND drinking Jack Daniel's Smiley-wink .They got a HUGE welcome from the belgian audience and i really liked ALL the songs they played .
I'm going to buy their other Cd's as far as VOLBEAT has a new fan now Smiley
Excellent gig, excellent band , you simply can't stand in front of them just listening, you have to DANCE Smiley and that's what i did during the entire show .
One of my BEST moment of this festival!

Add new comment